Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Coupon Apps, Love Them!

Hey friends!

I wasn't sure which post to start out with, but I decided to choose the thing I'm most excited about right now! I may be way behind the game here, and many of you might already know about this little lovely thing, but WHOC (who cares?!)...

I'm talking about COUPON APPS for your smart phone, people!

Are you kidding me? I've always been a fan of coupons, who isn't? If you can save a few $$ why wouldn't you? However, I'm not one to scour the newspaper on Sunday, clip coupons, file them, or actually remember to bring them to the store with me. I'm not that crazy dedicated. Or patient. And I don't know how many times I have been at a store and suddenly remembered I had a coupon for something at home, and figured it wasn't worth going back home to get it, and I'd just buy the thing anyway. Awful, I know.

But now, there is absolutely no excuse. Since Code and I found this little jewel, we have saved $$ and gotten freebies at nearly every store we've been at. My fave though was when we went to Yankee Candle on Saturday. I inherited my obsession with Yankee Candles from my momma.. and I have them for every season. We had just burned through our favorite scent, so we made a trip to replenish our supply.

We pulled up a $10 off a $25 purchase on the coupon app, and Yankee was having BOGO (love it!) if you bought one of their new scents, so we got:


The absolute best spring scent they carry!! We burn this and it fills our entire apartment!
Granted, that doesn't take much (its tiny) but still...
Large jar: $24.99

This is the new scent we got. It's fresh and clean and smells so nice with the Blueberry Scone!
Large Jar: $24.99



And an Illuma-Lid. If you don't know what these are, you are missing out!
You put them on top of the jars, they look so cute, and they make the candles burn evenly all the way down. Trust me, you don't realize how much longer the life of your candles will be once you get one of these!
Illuma-Lid: $9.99

So, with our BOGO, and the $10 off coupon that she scanned right off of our phones (this still blows my mind.. which isn't hard) we were done!

Savings:: $25, and totally worth it.


So which coupon apps are the best? Cody and I both have the Droid Incredible and our free coupon app is called My Coupon:

Coupon Sherpa is supposed to be the best app for iPhone users, but I can't testify. Let me know if you have any input here!

Have you used your app for any great savings? LOVE Yankee Candles too? Let me know what you think!

Linds C.

2 comments:

  1. I need a coupon app! I didn't know they existed! I wonder if I can find one on my phone (HTC surround) I will let you know if I do and if its any good.
    I have seen the illuma lids but never knew what they where for now I need one of those too.
    How do you feel about wax burners? I have one that uses a light under the dish and you buy several sents of wax and they last forever. I have had it for two years and haven't even burnt through a single pack of wax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be able to! Most HTC's have them... and they are so convenient!

    I LOVE wax burners!! My mom has at least 5 of them and I turn them on every time I go over to her house! And you're right, I just keep using the same wax until the scent goes away... which takes forever! I don't have a wax burner, but I really need one!

    ReplyDelete